Tuesday 13 March 2012

Gluten Free Lemon Cupcakes Mmmmm

A family member has asked me to try to do a Gluten Free Cake recipe, well, here you go!
So many people are coeliac or have gluten intolerance, so this recipe is for those people. At least now, you will not be left out of my cupcakey treats.

I have baked a few different cakes recently, chocolate, vanilla, rose, but I have not made Lemon for sometime, and I thought it might make a yummy change.

This recipe would yeild about 12 small cupcakes, but only made 7 muffin sized cakes for me.

100g Unsalted Butter (leave out for half an hour before you start to bake to soften)
100g Caster Sugar
1 tsp Lemon Extract, or you can use zest of 1 unwaxed lemon
2 eggs
100g Gluten Free Rice / Potato Starch flour (I tried Asda's Plain Gluten Free Flour)
1 tsp Gluten Free Baking Powder (I used Doves Farm)

Preheat the oven to 175C
Cream the butter and sugar in a mixer or with an electric whisk for 10 minutes or until light in colour, and fluffy.
Add the Lemon Extract or Zest and stir in to combine.
Slowly add the eggs until the mix is glossy and not curdled. If it does curdle, add a tablespoon of the weighed flour.
Fold in the flour, ideally using a metal spoon, but I am lazy and I slowly mix in the Kenwood Chef, and it turns out fine.
Use an icecream scoop to fill the cupcake cases.
Bake for 10 -12 for fairy cake size, 20 for cupcake size and 25 for muffin size cases.
They are ready when the tops spring back when pressed.

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment