Sunday 15 January 2012

My new Blog

I was thinking, that my new years resolution could be to write a blog about my baking adventures.  I was thinking, "why not?".  So here we are.  I know its not exactly that close to the new year anymore, but that's procrastination and a flare up for you he he.

I think for my first post I would like to mention the spritz cookies that we made on Christmas Eve.  It was the first time that I had ever used my cookie press (I didn't have much faith that it would work actually), but boy was I impressed.

I have the Wilton one and I just followed the recipe on the box (as I was being lazy) although I added a bit of almond extract to it.  And as I was baking them with little Freddie (my 5 year old son), it meant that he got to shoot cookies out of a gun!  He was a cookie cowboy!  We used some home-made coloured sugar to sprinkle some before they went in the oven.  We even coloured some of the dough green to make green trees.  I was in my element, and Santa was mighty impressed.  He took about 20 home with him.  I bet he was glad about the milk to wash it down with.  Although we didn't tell him that the cats had drank some of it ooooops.





Unfortunatley I didn't do many pics on my iPhone that day.  I think I will be making some again soon, so I will make sure I take plenty of pics.

Natalie.x

No comments:

Post a Comment